Sunday, November 19, 2006

Who am I?

That's a great question. Depending on your relationship with me or to me, you would probably have a different answer.

If you work with me, I'm an aggressive salesman who is on fire right now.

If you are one of my professors, then I'm a student who's eager to please and always pushing the envelope.

If you are my wife, I'm a loving husband who loves unequivocally but irritates her to no end with a frequency she'd like to see decline.

If you are one of my 5 kids, then I'm Dad, Daddy, or the Old Man.

But who am I? Sometimes that's hard to define. I'm a little bit of what everybody sees and a lot of what they don't. I've been shaped and hardened by events that have made me into who I am. At the same time, I've shaped myself through will, determination, and effort through years in the military and a childhood that was a cupcake compared to the military.

So, why do you care? I don't know, and franky, I don't care. This blog is about relating the events of my life in a way that makes sense, and if you do read, it should be entertaining.

I've got a great life, a great wife, and I'm on the move. Stay tuned for the ramblings of a father, veteran, salesman, erudite, master of sarcasm, husband, and active participant in life.

Slim

6 comments:

Real Life in South Carolina said...

I can't believe you said that.

Anonymous said...

How old are you again? Oh yeah, older than my husband. Right? Just making sure I had that right. I thought I saw 33 candles on that cake. Marquis, on the other hand, only had 30.....

Real Life in South Carolina said...

I expect more posts out of you.

Anonymous said...

Seriously. We know who u are already.

Real Life in South Carolina said...

Yeah, your silence in the blogging world is irritating me to no end with a frequency I'd like to see decline. I mean, you aren't exactly the quiet type.

Tina Newton said...

I can tell you who you are to me... The very best Big Brother anyone could ever ask for. The only thing I would change about you is your zip code. I Love You