Wednesday, November 29, 2006

OK Enough Already

Yes, I should post more frequently.

Yes, I am entertaining and you want more of me.

Yes, I'm dang busy, so stay off my back! (j/k)

So, what is keeping me busy? Is it working on my second masters degree? Is it my five kids? Is it making huge sales? NO! (well, I am preoccupied with all of these things, but they aren't what's keeping me from posting)

What's keeping me busy? It's dropping those pounds that I've managed to pack on in the past few years. After enough calls of "Thar she blows", "Yo, lard butt" and "Is that a man or a manatee?" I've decided to drop some weight.

After a couple (that's being generous to me) of fitful starts, I seem to have momentum going. I talked to one of the guys at my office about trying to get in shape as we were having lunch together last week. So, he admitted to me that he really wanted to lose weight and then he challenged me to a contest. We agreed that the first one to lose 20lbs would buy the other's greens fees. Well, within 3 days of the contest, we have 2 more guys entering the contest. The cost of losing this contest has increased significantly!

So, can I pass on the desserts? Can I push away from the table when my wife serves up a great meal? I don't know, but I do know that I don't intend to lose this contest, so I've started working out at lunch with a guy from my office. I may be short on will power when it comes to eating, but I can work out on a regular basis. Hopefully, that will be enough.

So, my journey towards not being 28% more man that I was in college begins.

7 comments:

Real Life in South Carolina said...

I definitely want MORE of you. I guess I should have a talk with you-know-who and tell her that she needs to take naps when you come home from work.

Should I be telling you just how bad I want you on your comments?

Real Life in South Carolina said...

Oh yeah, and dropping the pounds is NOT keeping you from posting. No Way! You call the walk from the car to the house a work out??? Just kidding.

I will try to make healthier meals though. That might help you push the plate away and I want you to lose the weight because I don't want you spending our date money on this bet! = )

Trinity13 said...

My hubby will be started a diet in January...working together will def help us met our goals!

Good luck to ya!!!

Anonymous said...

Ofcourse you should be telling him that. That is the beauty of having a hubby who blogs. You can flirt online!

John Cowart said...

Hi Slim,
Just visiting via your wife's site and wanted to welcome you in your new blog.
I've kept a daily journal for about 25 years and I've been posting my entries as a blog for the past two, so it's a habit with me.
I've enjoyed RLINC's postings and comments for several months now and I was happy to see she's convinced you to begin posting too.

The family that blogs together... has got to be nuts!

Real Life in South Carolina said...

Waiting for another post...

Tina Newton said...

I am going to be scarred for life by your wife's blogs and her comments you do know that right? You will get back in shape, no worries. Before long your going to have to fight for your food with 5 little paranas around.